Allsorts Toy Library Volunteer
Would you like to support Stroud’s Community Toy Library? Would you like to give time to a local, innovative charity?
Why do we need you?
Allsorts is a pioneering local charity that works with families with children with additional needs. Strongly rooted in the local community, we want to involve as many people as we can in building an inclusive Gloucestershire where people with additional needs are included and able to contribute. Our Community Toy Library provides toys and equipment on loan for families, and provides a safe and fun place to play. We are looking for someone to help us with a variety of tasks – from loaning out toys, to helping with refreshments. We can tailor the tasks to suit you.
How much time should you offer? When would you be needed? Where will you be based?
We are looking for volunteers to give 4 hours per week on either a Monday, Tuesday, Friday or a Saturday, based at the Allsorts Toy Library.
What activities will you be involved in?
• Loaning toys
• Helping with refreshments
• Welcoming visitors
• Cleaning and cataloguing toys
What can you gain from this opportunity?
1. Ongoing support and supervision
2. Making a difference to families who have children with disabilities and additional needs
3. Experience of working with an innovative and growing organisation
4. Getting involved in your local community
5. Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses as defined in Allsorts’ volunteer policy
Is there an induction and training?
• You will receive a full induction before you start
What are we looking for?
• A friendly approach
• The ability to work positively with children and young people who exhibit unpredictable behavior
• A general enthusiasm to work with children and young people
Due to the nature of this role volunteers will be required to complete a DBS form and provide referees.
Who should you contact to find out more?
To find out about more, please contact: Sally Dyer, on 01453 750474 or at email@example.com
To apply for this role:
Please complete an Allsorts Volunteer Application Form and return it to Sally Dyer before January 21st.